Friday, March 25, 2016

Easter Traditions


Some of our Easter traditions are a bit on the weird side. Like a giant rabbit with a basket that hides colored eggs and candy for the children. But we’re not the only ones with weird goings-ons

In Poland and the Ukraine, they celebrate an Easter tradition called Śmigus-Dyngus (Wet Monday). Folks sneak around and throw buckets of water on each other. They used to also whip each other with pussy-willow branches, but I think even they started thinking that was too twisted, so now they usually just throw water.

In the French town of Saint-Aygulf the whole town shows up to make a giant Easter omelette. They use nearly 14,000 eggs and the finished product feeds the whole town. I see in the photos they just make a plain omelette. So if you get hungry and decide to go, you might want to bring some mushrooms and onions or something to add to yours.

However you do Easter, I hope we agree that getting together with friends, food, drink and music is a fun way to celebrate anything. So that’s what I’m doing this Saturday night (March 26) from 7—9 PM at the Rusty Grape. I hope I see you there. Hippity-Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment